When you go fishing with a Qualia Q12HS-1 or Q16HS-1 High Speed Single-Speed Reel, you will find unique features that give you a chance to fight fish that are larger, with less fatigue, fight longer and have a better catch ratio.
- The Qualia Q12HS-1 and Q16HS-1 High Speed Single-Speed Reels are overbuilt and over-designed so you can fish with confidence every day for weeks, months and years with minimal maintenance and downtime.
Prepare yourself for a pleasant surprise
These no-nonsense high speed reels have all of the features needed to fish long and hard. The Qualia Q12HS-1 and Q16HS-1 High Speed Single-Speed Reels are built for strength, durability and to excel in extreme conditions. These reels are equally suited to lazy days on glassy water.
The Qualia Q12HS-1 and Q16HS-1 Reel frames are precision cut from solid aircraft grade aluminum and machine-fit to cold forged aluminum side plates. The spool is CNC machined from billet aluminum, and anodized. The six (6) Nano-treated Tenex spool bearings are 10 times more corrosion resistant than regular stainless steel bearings.
Qualia Q12HS-1 and Q16HS-1 High Speed Single-Speed Reels are manufactured using high quality aircraft aluminum, 404 stainless steel that is heat treated and in addition treated with two processes to control electrolysis, provide corrosion protection for the stainless steel gears, shafts, and fasteners. Every screw, (stainless) spring, lever and part are made of material chosen for the best combination of strength and salt water resistance. These reels have a well earned reputation for extreme reliability.
Qualia Q12HS-1 and Q16HS-1 High Speed Reel Features:
- A CNC machined aluminum main frame which provides the maximum possible frame rigidity.
- Cold forged aluminum side plates match the mainframe for greatest strength and provide the best parts alignment.
- A CNC machined anodized aluminum spool for lightest weight and strongest line support.
- All # 404 stainless steel heat treated gearing provides superior strength, maximum cranking power plus corrosion and wear resistance.
- Stainless steel shafts for high strength and corrosion resistance
- The spool shaft is sleeved between the bearings so the spool can be filled directly with 100% braid without spool collapse-no need for backing.
- A stainless steel foot means that your reel will always have the strongest possible attachment to your rod.
- A cold-forged adjustable aluminum lever drag with carbon fiber drag material which will provide years of dependable use.
- The drag lever base has a water proofing seal underneath to prevent water intrusion into the reel.
- The high speed gearing allows you to retrieve over 48 inches of line per crank of the handle.
- An ON/OFF spool clicker that broadcasts an audible alarm when line is being stripped from the reel.
- A dual positive anti-reverse system means consistent, maximum stopping strength.
- An aluminum handle for strong, corrosion free cranking power.
- The comfort-touch touch grip helps keeps your hand from fatigue and in the fight for hour after hour of hard fishing.
- The six (6) Ball Bearings are “Tenex” Nano treated shielded stainless steel for corrosion resistance and a long trouble free life.
- A rod clamp is also included which is made from high strength solid Graphite with stainless steel hardware.
- Gear Ratio 6.2:1
- Weight 34 ounces
- Specifications: Drag 20 lbs
- Line Capacity Q12HS-1: 350 yards of 20lb Monofilament
- Line Capacity Q16HS-1: 400 Yards of 20lb Monofilament (50 pound braid is a recommended substitute with 600 yard minimum).
|Gear Ratio||Drag||Weight||Line Capacity|
|6.2:1||20 lbs||34 oz||400 yards 20 lb mono|
Q 12HS-1, Q 16HS-1, Q 12HS-2, Q 16HS-2, Q14 WAM, Q 12W